Well our Christmas was fast and furious--as it always seems to be. I am always left saying...I wish we would have done this- or did I spend enough time on that....but we do the best we can. I would say Zach had a wonderful two weeks- because our celebrations started then. We baked cookies, made a birthday cake for Jesus, looked at Christmas lights, went to a birthday party, traveled to Oklahoma, all within a week!
I will start with his best friends birthday party:
He loves Brandon and John. Even though they are no longer in the same class- he always asks about them- and prays for them when he says his prayers. It is so sweet. I love watching them play together...And I have to mention that he adores Mrs. Courtney and Jojo. He prays for yall too! We had a great time. Even Santa came to their birthday party!
We did not plan for them to wear red....lol
Zach has really become quite the helper in the kitchen- we had fun making cookies together. This year he was all about "let me do it" "I want to do it"- so I did! He decorated just about every single cookie himself!
Concentrating on decorating
He decorated them!
Oh I can't forget one very important person that I got to have lunch with!
Jennifer and I go way back - we were best friends in Jr. High and at one time were
inseparable! We hadn't seen each other in 12 years. It was so cool to see her and her family- and she hasn't changed a bit! It was one of those things you don't get to do every day and I was so glad we met up. Love you girl!
Nanny, Zach and I went to see the Christmas lights! This was one of the best.
Then we headed off to Oklahoma! I do not have any pics on the way because I was the driver :) This is Jagger- our cousins son...so that would make them second cousins...right? I love this photo.
We took Zach bowling for the first time! I also had a run in with the lane- but thank goodness there is no
photo/video of that.
Mimi, Zach, Ryan, and Pa
This is Sydney, another 2nd cousin. Isn't she the cutest??? They had only met
one time before but played together really well for our short visit.
Zach and his cousin Ryan (self portrait)
So we came back from Oklahoma and got ready for Santa to come! Time to bake, cook, decorate, and get ready. Santa came to visit on Christmas eve- it was quick but Zach was grinning from ear to ear.
Loves him some Santa!
We did things a little different this year- Zach stayed with Nanny and Pa-Pa and Rick and I went to the movies. It was fun....but I think next year I will definitely want Zach at home on Christmas Eve because next year is going to be the year he totally gets the whole Santa thing!
Me and my handsome hubby :)
SANTA CAME!!!!!!
So the next morning, I fixed breakfast and everyone came over and watched Zach tear through his gazilion presents. This part I absolutely loved- and would like to keep as a tradition.
love this picture- his eyes are just lit up with excitement!
Look at all those TOYS!
He got a Daddy Monkey and a Baby Monkey
Zach and Pa-Pa playing and singing together. This picture actually took like this- not sure why
but I love it!
There are many more pictures but these are my favorite. What is the most important is we made sure Zach knew that we were celebrating Jesus's birthday- and that is what it is really all about at the end of the day. Being with family and friends and loving each other- and celebrating the birth of our Savior.
Here is to a Prosperous and Blessed 2011!






1 comment:
What a good blog. You all really did do a lot in a two week time period... wow I would be exhausted! I looks like you had a beautiful Christmas. I LOVE Zach's cookies! He did an awesome job! So happy to be clebrating another year with you my friend! Happy 2011!!
Post a Comment