Well, I did it again....stopped blogging for a bit. Not on purpose, but life has been so busy lately- it has been tough to keep up. For starters- last month my Lacey went down again. One day she went out the doggie door and let out a horrendous yelp- and I knew that we were in trouble. So I took her to the vet and we had to start her on strong meds and strict crate rest-again. She was in severe pain for a several days-every time I had to move her- she cried out in pain- couldn't walk- and at one point I was faced yet again with the thought that we may be putting her to sleep. She had pain attacks that lasted minutes at a time....it was horrible. I prayed, cried, and prayed some more. It was touch and go for a few weeks- but miraculously she began to improve!

I am happy to report that after 6 weeks she seems to be back to herself. We know that she no longer can use the doggie door. I pray that since we are now removing just about the last thing I can think of that can cause her back trouble- that she can live out the rest of her days pain free. She is almost 10 years old- so we have to remember that- but I am thankful that she has made a full recovery, and will soon be back to her crazy self again.
Don't mess with me Mom!- just give me the stinkin bone!
I love my little girl!
3 comments:
We do get busy with life, don't we? I love the pictures you put on here. That boy of yours is getting so big!
YAY Lacey!! Kristy you did it! I know it was a hard road but you conquered as always...once you set you mind to something...watch out world!
I love the new header. Very cool pic selection.
Aw!! Poor thing! So glad she's better though!
When I started reading and saw that she was a Dachshund back trouble went through my head. That stinks that this breed has that issue cause it is so hard to deal with. 10 years old is good for a dachshund though! I know it's so hard to think about putting one down... but you'll know when the time is right. I did with my horse and I didn't think I would EVER be able to put him down. You can read about it on my blog under the keyword "Scout".
Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! Looking forward to reading your blog!
Post a Comment