Well the last phase of my potty training boot camp has been a success all week. No diaper at bedtime :) We did it in phases- which seems to be my thing- first an hour, then 1/2 a day, then all day except naptime, then naptime, and finally nightime! He has woken up dry all week long- and diapers seem to be a distant memory- at least at home. At school they still put him in a diaper at naptime cause if he doesn't potty before nap then they don't want him to have an accident on his mat. ( I can undertand that).
If I can give one piece of advice- I wouldn't introduce the candy reward bit- for every time they potty or to lure them to the potty. They love it just as much if you dance around and be silly and sing and praise them. What happens when you are on the road and need them to potty and there are no m and m's to be found?? Just my two cents :) And the potty dance song- is an awesome tool!!!
Having him potty trained is kind of a catch 22. I am so proud of him- and yet it makes me realize how fast he is growing up. He is such a mess and makes me laugh. He is so smart and learns everything so quickly...and he amazes me with how he comprehends some things- as he tells me "I not a baby- I a big boy!"
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago





2 comments:
great advice. we are still working on potty training! =)
thanks! I now believe the statement "they will let you know when they are ready"- once Zach was ready he started showing the signs- it was so much easier with his cooperation. I bet Claire would like the potty dance too- have you seen the commercial? too funny!
Post a Comment