Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mimi's Birthday


So my Mom came for a visit this weekend.  I was so excited because she always has such a good time and gets a "break".  Rick took her truck and had it washed and filled it up with gas. (how he shows his love) I had decided to make her a pineapple upside down cake to surprise her and have a little party.  I went ahead and decorated the same night she came (which was sad decorating but hey- its the thought that counts... )  I just told her that I wanted to decorate for her birthday.  So the next day we went to Hobby Lobby (aaaaahhhh) and then came back.  I had Zach's Nanny bring the cake and then took Mom outside while we got the gifts and cake ready.  She walked back in and we yelled SURPRISE!  Her face was priceless.  She was so shocked and I was so glad to do it for her.  Since I have moved away (10 years ago) this is only the 2nd birthday I have gotten to spend with her (even though it wasn't until the 9th)  








My "little sister" that I never had also visited- Shelbi.  She is part of our family.  I could tell you that Zach ADORES her- but I would rather show you!


How many 12 year olds do you know that will hang out with a 2 year old?

Awww- love her

This one cracks me up!  Shelbi is showing him the way the cool kids pose...

What a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jenney said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous visit. Zach loves his Shelbi. That is so cute... Ahli loves her 12yr old cousin and he dotes on her too...it is way cute!! HappY Party Mimi!!!