Thursday, March 11, 2010

Today was a day....

So today was an emotional day for me.  I am sure it was for many people who heard about Layla Grace- especially if you have small children.  She was only a month younger than Zach....and I had been following her journey for a few weeks on her blog, and twitter.  I found out that she had passed away Tuesday- and felt sad- but it really hit home today.  When I took Zach to school, his teacher shared with us that Layla was actually supposed to be in their class this year.  That made it even more real and close to home for me- I can't even imagine the pain that the Marsh family is going through.

Zach had already gone into class, but I so wanted to snatch him back out and take him to the park all day and for icecream- and for anything his little heart desired.  I also started to think about the past few days when I had scolded him for doing something wrong, or told him that "Mom's busy- go play for now" and when I didn't just drop what I was doing when he wanted to show me that "I did it!" 

The whole day I was pretty emotional- but when we came home from school Zach ran outside and brought me a flower.  I almost burst into tears and gave him such a big hug.  It was so sweet.

We played the rest of the afternoon- and enjoyed the beautiful day outside.

Life is too short- we need to slow down, get messy, play in the rain, and always stop to enjoy the view.  I hope that I can do that more with him.


fun with chalk- see our blue "smudge" under our eyes?


our artwork on the door (its chalk - lol)


my sweet boy always brings me such "pretty flowers"

No comments: